As part of our response to the Curriculum for Excellence and the desire in school for our pupils to become Confident Individuals, Effective Contributors and Responsible Citizens the school has adopted a School House System. Our four houses are:
• To benefit pupils’ behaviour and to encourage pride and commitment.
• To provide opportunities for pupils to take on responsibilities and gain recognition for their role in the school.
• To promote achievement of pupils in its widest forms in a totally positive way.
• To foster a spirit of community through promoting a variety of activities aimed to bring pupils of different years together.
• To give pupils another allegiance, beyond his or her class and circle of friends.
• To encourage the older pupils to support the younger ones.
On entry to school each pupil will be allocated to one of four Houses. Pupils will be awarded points in a variety of ways e.g. special achievements, good manners, acts of kindness, achievements out-with school etc. These points will be totalled at the end of term and the winning House will receive a reward.
Houses are rewarded with Fun days where children get to take in games, bikes, scooters etc. from home and receive treats such as ice lollies. This is a great way for the children in each House to come together to celebrate their success.